18 May 2007

Girls Days n Nite

It was yet another lazy day the day before, but I decided to do something with some girls. Visited them at their building. It was cozy and comfortable. Looked through their photo collections and found myself getting old compared to these young girls. We then headed down to Mercato Mall to shop and have our dinner. We all bought something, from really cute tees, tops, shorts and dresses, each to our own liking. Of course, things that are more expensive made us think twice. Except for one gal who finally decided to get her "Little Miss Giggles" from Topshop without hesitation after her lesson learnt. Isn't it true that we sometimes regret not buying the things we fall in love with at first sight?

We then had dinner at the food court and headed back. Two of them are really into the "thrill of winnings", in other simple form - gambling. Started playing cards and I joined them since there was nothing much to do. Knew I can never win anything in the end, won the first 2 rounds with wonder and lost the rest of them. Hee hee, when you don't believe in gambling, don't even try! Along the way we had beers and tidbits and noodles. One other joined us really late and was roped in to play as well. We then stopped and started chatting in the room, two "fainted" on the same bed while the rest of us continued chatting loudly till 3 am in the morning. Chatting with these girls made me feel older. We had a few good laughs though. Been awhile since I giggled and laughed with a group of girls. The no worries be happy kind of setting seems to make me forget the heavy heart of mine.

Woke up this morning and went to another mall to have lunch and shopping again. Little Miss Giggles is in the form of shopping with a high spirit hanging. She is very happy with her purchases though.
We had an incident at ZARA. 2 of them were trying on jeans in the fitting room while I was on shorts. There happened to be an extra security tag in one of the pockets of the pair of jeans they tried. Naturally in order to deem the fit of the jeans, took that extra black tag out of it. The security lady then came asking my friend where she found the tag she is holding on to. "In the pockets," and she pointed to that pair of jeans. I was standing outside witnessing all these. Then the lady asked her again twice, the same question. She replied patiently the same thing. The security lady seemed to think we were trying to be funny. Went into the fitting room the girl was in and checked through. She then looked at us as if we have done something wrong. We then went out of the fitting room, hanging around the shop, still deciding to purchase what we wanted or not. This time the shop assistant came asking the same question! I was mad! All of us were. My girlfriend replied the same thing and pointed to exactly where she found it. The shop assistant repeated the question again, looking at the possessions we have as if we have stolen something. This time, another girlfriend, furious, took out her shopping bags in order to let her search, the shop assistant denied the check, she merely wanted to say, "No, I don't.....", I could not take it any longer. I stood in front of her and said harshly, "She found this in this pocket (pointed at it), you guys have been asking her the same question for almost 5 times. She already told you the same answer over and over again. Do you get it? She found this in this pocket and that's it!" I walked away and hanged back the stuff I wanted to buy. I was mad at how they think we were trying to be cheeky! Then came again another time!!!! The security lady with another security guy! I wanted so much to be mad and furious. My gf then explained it one more last time! We all had a good time saying crude stuff without them understanding. However, we were the stars in the shop as all eyes were on us, from the shop assistants to the security! I then put that behind me and asked for a new pair of shorts that I wanted. Guess what was the reply? "Is there anything wrong with this?" I almost fainted. I just replied saying I want a new piece and asked if there is any! My gf was telling me they always ask that when we ask for a new piece. We paid and graciously walked out giving a disgusted look to them!
We had a coffee break and then after a few more shops, I could not stop thinking... I just cannot resist that pair of shoes. I spotted in Singapore's Adidas Originals shop and saw it here once again. So in the end, I bought it just before we left the mall after much discussion, in case I regret in time to come.

Got home finally and unpacked the things into the cupboard. Wanted to do some errands with my online banking and now I am very upset with what happened. I logged in using the same user name, password that I used all the time. My last log in was a few days ago! The page returned an error message so I thought I was wrong, decided to try again. It got rejected again with the same message. Took out my records on paper to confirm before keying it in. Smiled at myself as everything was CORRECT. Guess what? It returned a message and asked me to key in new password and so on for security reasons!!! I did as requested and that's not the end! The message request me to call the help desk to reactivate. I did... and nope, not a full stop as yet. They want me to print the page out and send it to one of the branch before they can reactivate the account! Pardon me, I know it is for security reasons and I am thankful for that. However, how I can ever type in the wrong thing for 3 times when I did the same for the past year!!! On top of that I am very sure when I look at my records on paper before keying in the same thing again! I am not getting short tempered here, but things here is very troublesome when certain issues can be resolved in a more intelligent way. Wrote in a feedback and I am now thinking of changing my bank if they are not going to resolve this issue with a proper explanation!

I simply do not understand why the service here is of such low quality, or am I asking for too much, setting too high a standard? Even the way they speak, where is the social etiquette?

No comments: