29 March 2008

Comfort Zone

Was just chatting with a colleague of mine at base. News of my leaving seem to travel faster than expected. She said a few things that are the same of my thoughts. It gets onto our nerves not having cafes that we can chill out at, party places we can feel home with, eating and lifestyle are just not the same. Friends come and go here, guess even relationships, as many are here temporary. Single ones party, hang out with a common group of friends or stay home. Not much excitement, not much to look forward to. Attached ones, being showered with care and love, tend to stay longer. Someone to share the ups and downs and more to look forward to. Being more lucky, some settled down here. Very few we figured out.

"What are you going to do next?" This question is an unkonown one ever since I started out here. Few ideas here and there, however, not definite. The comfort zone has already settled in for us here. Having our days off to oursleves and not to worry about meeting the same people, facing the ugly ones every now and then. We still get excitement as we move from place to place with this job. The comfort zone of doing what we are doing, facing what we deal with... to start somewhere, sometime, somehow once again - means to restart from stretch! Ouch! The thought of this puts us both into silence and shrugs.

Then again, I shared how I decided to give up things I love and pursued one of my dreams, here. Ambitions - two fulfilled, what's next? Now for me, my next pursue is an unknown. How lost can one be without a goal? A career next is probably not a dream but something I have to face in reality. One can never always run with dreams, can we? Maybe is time, for me to set another dream to chase? It gets tiring, really, to go all out in chasing what you want. It is all worthwhile though, no regrets. Running over the comfort zone to get into a new beginning is never easy. However, staying at our own comfort zone makes life dull, is it not?

Comfort zone, is yours a happy one?

Seeking, seeking, seeking...

No comments: