22 February 2008

Solo

Here I am again, solo, after struggling to sleep, work and smile. The struggle to sleep was due to my stuffy nose and that irritable throat. Not getting the hours again, I had to go to work sleepy. Dragged myself to draw on my "must-smile-at-work" face, I finally reported. The people I met at work this time was not too bad. Except for one fellow colleague who tries to act busy and a rude "E.T." Acting busy was not something I could tolerate at work this time. I put my foot down and "requested" him to work. I shall spare the details but I was glad I voiced out in a professional manner, yeshhhhhh, and with a smile. Rude "E.T." was not in my control. I don't speak his language, I am not directly or indirectly the cause of it. He just had to accept the fact of his poor plannng!
I dozed off while I made my way to the resting nest and for my first dose of "need", after a long half day. Friends from home started to go home, went on dates, when I started work. They should all be sleeping with sweet dreams now. In a few hours, they will be awake and I will probably crash in this big comfy bed with six pillows! Pillows that are so fluffy and soft! That sounds good but for a sleepless baby like me, it just brings me comfort as I solo away in another foreign land. Now I am with my lappie, seeking comfort in the pillows and my dosage of "need" continues.
Solo days and nights have become a part of my life. Just hoping days of being so solo will end soon, real soon....

No comments: