10 April 2008

Homely feel...

I was out with my flatmate, Katheryn, I was pretty much tired from the sleepless nights, however, we made our way to meet her darling and two other Singaporeans on visit.
"The Terrace", sitting at part of Park Hyatt and the creek, is a really cool chill out place. Perfect for the weather in Dubai now. Friends and drinks, chats and laughters somehow made me forget a little of those thoughts. New friends, David and Colin, are pretty funny guys. Chatted about work and realise the world is really small. They happen to know my secondary school mate, and some other common friends in the same line. This is not the first time realising it. Small world, everyone seems to be connected somehow.
We chatted with lingo from back home. Some of which was so missed and forgotten, the sudden use of them brought laughters and a at home feel. Plus the mentioning of local food, which Katheryn and I have been blabbering about. I miss home! That very much. Anyway, we had just a drink or two and headed back home. Of course, not forgetting to keep in touch via MSN. Immediate adding of contacts, just in case these visitors come back into Dubai again! Nudge... M. Ice Mint the next time, please!
A distant from home... A world apart... However, it warms me, just to know the world is not that big afterall! I am still in reach to people I know! Till the next time, let the homely feel stay for awhile... just awhile more....

No comments: