15 December 2007

Johannesburg

As I drift in and out of places, each place leave a set of memories.
Some pretty normal compared to those which are beyond description and boundaries.


Just had a two day stay in Johannesburg, South Africa. Was at Indaba Hotel, more of a resort-like place. With huts that holds rooms, surrounded with trees and wonders of nature. No pictures due to the rainy weather. Did not want to catch the gloomy side of South Africa. Come to think of it, I have been there a couple of times, each time, it rains or there was no one to take on adventures of Safari and the Lion's Park with me! ARghhhhhh! What waste!

People who work there are such sweethearts. The smiles, greetings and gestures of simplicity touch the inner side of me. It just hit me so hard as I compare to the urban whacked humans. I went to a spa within the hotel just to spend time away with the lazing weather. It was a open hut concept, very African style. The lady boss who took me around, is such a gem. Her welcoming warmth was not a fake. As she talked about her employees, many of them are single-parent ladies, who needs a job to survive. She said her concept was to provide such ladies with a place they can feel belonged to. My therapist, Agnes, who did my body massage is a young girl, 20. Her smile was of such beauty. I did a hot stone full body massage, inclusive the use of essential oil, within a small open hut and African music as background. Amazing experience! I will not say it was very professional, however, relaxing enough with the nature around.

A very relaxed trip, spent time sleeping and resting. Not forgetting the different species of birds chirping on the trees every now and then. Johannesburg next time to be a more adventurous one!


Sigh...My back has not recovered, hopefully I will be able to seek treatment somewhere, sometime... in order to be myself once again - I miss hyper Bibi!

No comments: