12 July 2007

For us to hold

Times shared,

Moments captured.

Emotions developed,

Commitment made.


A hand to hold,

A promise to deliver.

A heart to share,

A lifetime to commit.


Obstacles to fight,

Dreams to fulfil.

Hurt to deal,

Trust to complete.


An action to show,

An understanding to feel.

An ego to kick,

An interest to heart.


To know you are well,

I am hearted with life.

To know you are beside,

I hardly can describe.


Will you hold my hands,

and not let go of them?

Will you fulfil our promise,

and walk the path in faith?


I do not want to imagine the hurt,

for I can only trust you will not.

To allow that trust,

it takes more than you can imagine.


For us to reach that destination,

it takes both in combination.

For when both take it in strides,

Nothing and no one can put a strike.
It is for us to hold,
Not to let it run cold.
It is for us to hold,
and to make it into our mould.

No comments: